Influential changes are occurring to health and health care every day with Dennis leading the way
- Board of Advisors, Health, Technology & Innovation at American Heart Association
- Appointed as Founder of Global Innovation Leadership Forum at Frost and Sullivan.
General Session: Embracing Wearables, Monitors and Tracking Devices
Description: Health wearables, monitors, and trackers are recording individuals’ health status and sending signals to inform, remind, alert, and report health information. Hear how innovators in the health industry are consuming the data and deriving the value from these amazing “smart devices” that inspire consumers to better manage health!
Date/Time Wednesday, May 9th at 10:05AM – 10:35AM
- Travis Johnson, Garmin Health, World-Wide Product Lead, Garmin
- Dr. Brian Otis, Chief Technology Officer, Verily Life Sciences
- Nicholas Schmidt, Head of Healthcare Products at Nokia Technologies, Nokia Technologies
- Dennis A. Robbins Ph.D., M.P.H., Principal and Founder, Person Centric Solutions and IDEAS
Breakout: From the Humble Device to Connected Health
Description: Traditional medtech companies are increasingly developing smart devices to help monitor patients at home. Hear from an expert panel of device makers about the industry imperative to develop a framework for connected health as healthcare moves to the home.
Time: 9:15 AM–10:00 AM
- William Betten, President, Betten Systems Solutions LLC
- Frederic Chanay, Co-founder and CEO, OMsignal
- Sarah Hogan, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
- Dennis Robbins Ph.D., M.P.H., Principal, Person-centric(TM) Solutions & Advisory Bd. Member, American Heart Assn Technology and Innovation Board
Health Technology Forum
GENERAL SESSION: MOVING BEYOND ILLNESS AND DISEASE TO A CULTURE OF HEALTH
Engagement must move beyond medication adherence. We can do more to motivate and empower the person to achieve improved outcomes. This session will explore insights from such diverse ecosystems as AI, animation, behavior economics, smart clothing, robots, and health technology to bend the sickness and cost curves while broadening the scope of engagement.
- Mark McConnell, President and CEO
- John Mattison, MD, Asst. Medical Director, & Chief Health Information Officer
- Amy McDonough, Chief Operating Officer
- Dennis Robbins, Ph.D., M.P.H., Principal